SouthWest Medical Resources Opening New Midwest Branch
Expansion Reflects SouthWest’s Commitment to a Nationwide Customer Base
[Chicago, IL – February 12, 2021] – SouthWest Medical Resources (SWMR) is opening a new office outside of Chicago, close to the O’Hare International Airport, to expand their service, parts, support & shipping capabilities to better support customers east of the Mississippi.
Headquartered in Southern California with easy access to 5 different airports, local and international, SwMR has always prioritized fast shipping and service for their global customer base. With the opening of a Midwest Branch, SwMR is now better positioned to meet a growing demand for highly specialized service engineers and quality parts and equipment for General Electric MRI, CT, and PET /CT imaging.
“By opening the Midwest Office, we will be able to significantly improve our service by reducing response times, decreasing travel costs, and reducing shipping expenses for all of our clients east of the Mississippi,” says Sean Mykleby, President of Thermo Magnetics & Cryogens, Inc., which operates as a SwMR affiliated company.
This is also a timely expansion that is helping the company adapt to the difficult climate brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic. The past year has disrupted many supply chains and production processes. Rather than succumb to the uncertainty, SwMR has chosen to take a proactive approach. Through the opening of the Midwest Branch, we are creating redundancy in the supply chain and logistics suppliers to further enhance the customer service experience.
“We are seeing production facilities shut down without a moment’s notice,” says Mykleby. “With this new branch we are addressing this problem head on and creating a safety net for our customers to rely upon a more robust service delivery model.”
SwMR has been offering complete sales, service and rental solutions for Diagnostic Imaging Equipment since 2004. Since then, SouthWest has grown to become a worldwide independent service organization, offering their customers:
- Remote Diagnostic Monitoring to monitor the health of Diagnostic Imaging Equipment, including all helium levels/pressure, error logs, equipment room temperature & humidity, water chiller status, water flow, updates, and more.
- An extensive inventory of over $20 million in parts, fully stocked, staffed 24/7, and ready for expedited deliveries to locations worldwide. From MRI coils and CT tubes to PET detectors, their huge inventory of parts is standing by to support their customer’s every need.
- Maintenance services on magnets and tubes, including liquid helium fills. From magnet shimming and ramping, to rebuilding Sumitomo coldheads and compressors, or stabilizing cryogen levels. The SwMR engineers are on standby to complete any maintenance task to manufacturer specifications.
- Exclusive Helium Zer0 program. Through SWMR’s Helium Zer0 solution, customers can get constant monitoring and proactive maintenance solutions to help manage costs while gaining access to expert advice and on-call engineers.
Additionally, SwMR offers customers:
- Coldhead, compressor, flexline, & adsorber repair
- Cold Magnet & System Storage
- Mobile Storage & Deployment
- Coldhead Replacement
- Ramping, shimming & calibrations
- Liquid Helium Sales
- Real Time Remote Monitoring & Diagnostics
With the opening of the Midwest Branch, SwMR is now better equipped to bring their quality care and services to both national and international customers. Bi-coastal production, services, and parts makes SwMR a dependable company in an uncertain time; this reliability will only continue to strengthen as more hospitals and imaging centers turn to a partner they can trust.
To connect with SouthWest and learn more about how they can maintain and improve your facility, please visit www.swmedicalresources.com.
SouthWest Medical Resources is a worldwide independent service organization, providing an array of services, projects, technical support, and refurbished mobile and fixed site systems including General Electric MRI, CT, and PET /CT imaging equipment. Our leadership in the industry is driven by a team of experts and unmatched resources.